Tony Hawk has has teamed up with YouTube to release RIDE, a 24-hour channel dedicated to skateboarding and the lifestyle surrounding the sport. The channel, which will feature original shows and footage featuring pro skaters like Hawk, Chris Cole, Black Box’s Jamie Thomas went live Tuesday, January 17. Check it out at YouTube/Ridechannel
January 17, 2012- Vista CA- Tony Hawk announced his production company, 900 Films, has teamed up with YouTube to release, RIDE, a 24-hour channel devoted to skateboarding and its lifestyle, launching January 17, 2012.
The Channel features original programming with legendary skateboarders like Hawk, Jamie Thomas, Rodney Mullen, Chris Cole, Stevie Williams and many more. In the next two weeks and through July of this year, Ride will be rolling out 22 shows:
- Viewers will be captivated by the antics of the Skatepark of Tampa crew as they travel the world with today’s professional skaters hosting events, contests and more in “SPoT Life.”
- Go on a trip with Jamie Thomas and friends every Tuesday for a behind-the-scenes look into his life of skateboardign in “Let the Good Times Roll.”
- “Tony’s Crew” follows Hawk and friends as they take on different cities, countries and skate spots, while “Hand in Hand” and “Tony Hawk’s Dissent TV” give viewers behind-the-scenes access to a vast array of musicians and celebrities.
- Slap’s “One in a Million” series follows the journey of 11 amateur skaters through New York City as they vie for a once-in-a-lifetime shot at sponsorship by some of today’s top skate companies.
- Learn how to film, edit and shoot like the pros with your favorite skate videographers and photographers in “In Focus,” hosted by award-winning skate filmer, Mike Manzoori.
- ’80s professional skateboarder Kevin Staab and weekly guests dust off the old VHS tapes and share some never-before-seen archival skateboarding footage in “Rewind.”
- “Gnar Zone” features funnyman Lance Krall, auditioning Hollywood’s finest to find the “most extreme” host for his fictitious show. A healthy dose of second-hand embarrassment is included.
- “Rise Above” showcases individuals who have overcome physical and mental challenges to succeed in their favorite action sports and inspire others along the way.
- Share a drink and a few laughs with Rob Brink and Erica Yary as they interrogate your favorite pros for their opinions on the latest skate industry news, gossip and high jinx in “Weekend Buzz.”
- “Shredit Cards” gives amateur skateboarders a chance to submit videos of their ten best tricks for a chance to win up $250 in credit at the Skatepark of Tampa online shop.
- Other shows include “Trick a Day,” “Pro’s Picks,” “Spots,” “Manual Labor” and continuing seasons of 900 Films’ popular “Insight” and “Free Lunch” series.
“I’m very excited about the mix of shows we’re releasing on the Ride Channel,”says Tony Hawk, “there will be something for everyone, even if they don’t skate. combined with the new features on YouTube, Ride is a huge step forward in the way people will find quality skateboarding content and other programming.”