Hookit.com, the world’s largest action sports social network, announced the launch of its new mobile app for iPhone and Android users today.
Using the app, members can find local spots, check conditions, log their sessions, share to Facebook, as well as get deals from brands and local businesses.
“This is by far the most social and powerful location-based mobile app for action sports,” said Scott Tilton, CEO of Hookit.com, in a press release “Our members are some of the most progressive and expressive individuals on the planet and this app helps makes our services available almost anywhere for them to share their lifestyle.”
According to a press release, the app also includes a number of major features:
- 25,000 + spots and growing, including motocross / BMX tracks, skate parks, street spots, MTB trails, mountains, surf breaks and much more
- Add your own spots
- Post sessions – rate the conditions, include a comment, share who else was there and add photos to keep a history and track your progression
- The Android version allows users to record sessions as they happen, as well as tracking top speed, average speed and hang-time
- Before heading out – check the weather, get directions, browse reviews, conditions and photos
- Create a personal spot map of your favorite spots & shops to share with friends
- Find local retail shops and dealerships – get business information, reviews, photos and current promotions, a.k.a. “Hookups”
- View your personal profile
- Post photos and updates
- View member and brand profiles and their updates and photos
- Get Hookups and Deal Alerts from local shops and brands
- Share your sessions, updates and photos to Facebook using FB Connect